The 12th Inter University Conference of Students, PhD Students and Young Scientists “Engineer of XXI Century” was held at University of Bielsko-Biała on 9th December 2022. The conference was officially opened by the Rector prof. Jacek Nowakowski and the Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering prof. Jacek Pezda.
The conference was held under the Honorary Patronage of the Minister of Education and Science and was co-financed by the state budget with the amount of PLN 54,010 (total project value PLN 60,110) as part of the Excellent Science – Support for scientific conferences programme, project number DNK/SP/550674/2022 .
The conference submitted 140 papers and presentations (65 from home and 75 from abroad). 118 papers received positive reviews and were accepted for publication in post-conference monographs and poster session presentations. The papers were published in five thematic monographs:
– Designing, Researches and Exploitation (DOI: https://doi.org/10.53052/9788366249974),
– Technologies, processes and systems of manufacturing (DOI: https://doi.org/10.53052/9788366249981),
– Transport (DOI: https://doi.org/10.53052/9788366249998),
– Processing, transmission and security of information (DOI: https://doi.org/10.53052/9788367652001),
– Innovations for Big Data in a Real World (DOI: https://doi.org/10.53052/9788367652018).
Lectures, workshops and training sessions held throughout the conference took place in several rooms simultaneously, and in the foyer conference participants presented their work in a poster session. Demonstrations by companies supporting the “Engineer of XXI Century” Inter-disciplinary Student Research Group were also running simultaneously. Those who were unable to attend the conference directly were able to observe the proceedings as part of an online broadcast, via the university’s websites and social networks. The main theme of the conference was the broadly defined idea of Industry 4.0. Speakers prepared presentations from such areas as design, exploitation manufacturing technologies, 3D printing, mechatronics, automation and robotics, storage and logistics, the Internet of Things and Big Data. Participants also had the opportunity to learn about the legal basics related to the process of preparing a patent application.
The titles of some of the 19 lectures delivered by the conference guests for further information/presentations please visit our website):
– Lighter and safer – selected aspects of modern car material design – Prof Adam Grajcar, Silesian University of Technology,
– Simplification of Deep Learning Technology – Ruben Ferraz, Cognex,
– Digital twin: strategy to improve process/product capabilities in sheet metal forming – Prof. Antonio Del Prete, University del Salento,
– Radial Hydrodynamic Journal Bearings and Nonlinear Vibration Phenomena In Tilting Pad Bearings – Prof. Pavel Polach, Research and Testing Institute Plzen.
During the 12th Inter University Conference of Students, PhD Students and Young Scientists “Engineer of XXI Century” conference, as in previous editions, competitions were held in two categories: for the best presentation (the verdict is given by the Conference Scientific Committee) and for the best paper (the assessment is made by the Dean of the Faculty). This year, an additional category was introduced: High School, during which papers by students from secondary schools participating in the conference were awarded. The list of awarded works is presented in the table below. We would like to congratulate all participants and winners on the high level of the submitted papers and presentations.
|Category:||Best presentation |
|Best Paper Award||Damian Pytka||Omnidirectional wheeled mobile robot platform|
|Best Paper Award||Lucia Žuľová Jozef Krajňák||The effect of compressor cylinder deactivation on the noisiness of the mechanical drive with a pneumatic flexible coupling|
|Best Paper Award||Emil Kielar Natalia Pierkiel Krzysztof Janota Julia Zielińska||A sonde monitoring the vegetation using remote sensing: TeamVLO’s CanSat|
|Best Paper Award||Daria Fedorova Vladimír Stenchlák||Possibilities of using deep neural networks in predictive maintenance|
|Distinction||Tomasz Jodłowiec||Numerical analysis of the strength of a layered composite beam under three point bending|
|Distinction||Patryk Serafin||Experimental and numerical study on delamination in layered composite with the measurement of displacement and shape of the crack front|
|Distinction||Michał Krzysteczko||Distribution of the electromagnetic field after passage through solids. Comparative analysis|
|Distinction||Mateusz Śliwka||Selected methods of determining the load capacity of press fit joint|
|Distinction||Vladimír Stenchlák Miroslav Císar||Inclination stability controller for spot micro robot based on artificial neural networks|
|Distinction||Samuel Sivák Matej Urbanský||Structural solutions of the shape of spur gear wheel bodies of larger dimensions|
|Distinction||Mikołaj Grygiel||Shortest path and eulerian cycle in graphs – software and some historical remarks|
|Distinction||Damian Kolny||Modeling and simulation of cutting chipboard sheets process in the ARENA program|
|Distinction||Damian Kolny||Transformation of the industrial revolution idea in the industry 4.0 context|
|Distinction||Katarzyna Radwan||Application of target costing at the preproduction stage|
|Distinction||Milan Sága Vladimír Tlach||Reducing risk in machinery construction|
|Distinction||Martin Bohušík Vladimír Bulej||Applications of computer vision in the safety field|
|Category:||High School Award|
|High School Award||Przemysław Paciorek Damian Pryszcz||Moon60 – Klawiatura biometryczna|
|High School Award||Kamil Widzyk||Śmigłowiec laboratoryjny|
|High School Award||Adam Chodura Ryszard Górczak Szymon Kosma||Inteligentny basen|
|Dean’s Award||Michał Janus – praca Koła Naukowego Inżynier XXI wieku||Laser CO2|
In addition, two games consoles and gift vouchers were drawn among the audience and conference participants. These were special prizes from the Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
This year’s conference was attended by students and doctoral students from the following universities:
- AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow.
- University of Bielsko-Biala.
- 3. Central Institute for Labour Protection – National Research Institute.
- High School in Bielsko-Biala.
- Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics.
- Lviv Polytechnic National University.
- Cavalry Captain Witold Pilecki State University of Małopolska in Oświęcim.
- Mukachevo State University.
- National Aviation University:
- Educational scientific institute of continuous education, Telecommunications and radio engineering,
- Faculty of Economics, Management and Engineering.
- National Aviation University:
- Faculty of Aeronautics, Electronics and Telecommunications, Telecommunications and radio engineering,
- Faculty of air navigation, electronics and telecommunications,
- Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute.
- National University “Odessa Law Academy”.
- National University of Kyiv.
- National University of Radio Electronics.
- Odesa State Environmental University.
- Silesian University of Technology:
- Faculty of Transport and Aviation Engineering,
- Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Computer Science,
- Faculty of Materials Engineering.
- Research and Testing Institute Plzen.
- Rzecznicy patentowi Fert, Jakubiak vel Wojtczak, Wróblewski.
- State University of Intellectual Technologies and Communications.
- Technical University of Košice:
- Department of Engineering for Design of Machines and Transport Equipment,
- Department of Construction and Transport Engineering,
- Department of Machine Design and Transport Engineering,
- Department of Design, Automotive and Transport Engineering,
- Institute of Earth resources, Department of geo and mining tourism,
- Department od Biomedical engineering and Measurement.
- Ukrainian Lingua-Information Fund, NAS of Ukraine.
- University of Cadiz.
- University of Žilina:
- Department of Automation and Production Systems,
- Department of Industrial Engineering,
- Research and Service center.
- University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia, Bulgaria,
- University of Niš, Nis, Serbia,
- University of West Bohemia,
- Krakow University of Economics.
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow.
- University of Silesia in Katowice.
- Uzhgorod National University:
- Physical Department,
- Department of the Physics of Semiconductors, Biomedical Engineering.
- West Ukrainian National University:
- Department of Applied Mathematics,
- Department of Computer Science,
- Department of Cyber Security,
- Zhubanov Aktobe Regional University,
and high school students:
- V Liceum Ogólnokształcące w Bielsku-Białej.
- Zespół Szkół Elektronicznych Elektrycznych i Mechanicznych w Bielsku-Białej.
- Zespół Szkół Samochodowych i Ogólnokształcących w Bielsku-Białej.
- Zespół Szkół Mechaniczno – Elektrycznych w Żywcu.
Partners of this year’s conference were:
- Beskidzka Izba Gospodarcza.
- Jantar – Technologia korzyści.
- Rekord SI.
- Centrum Inżynieryjne.
- Silesia Automotive & Advanced Manufacturing.
- CadXpert – Systemy Druku 3D.
- KS Industry Solutions.
- EC Engineering Sp. z o.o.
- M3 Automation.
- TOP – Techniczna Obsługa Przemysłu.
- Fuks Group.
We would like to thank all participants, invited guests and partners for their active participation in our conference and already invite you to the next, the 13th Inter University Conference of Students, PhD Students and Young Scientists “Engineer of XXI Century” scheduled for 8th December 2023.
We look forward to seeing you next year.